President, Albright Strategies
(6 years, 6 months)
- Public affairs firm specializing in advocacy, marketing and public relations, and event planning.
- Emphasis on verbal and written communication, relationships, new media strategies, and personal outreach.
- Diverse list of clients in the hospitality and entertainment industry.
- Worked pro bono for non-profits and charitable organizations.
- Trained and managed team of administrative assistants.
Executive Director, U.S. Internet Council
(2 years, 8 months)
- Managed non-profit trade association promoting the growth and expansion of the world wide web.
- Marketed USIC products and services to members and potential members.
- Solicited press coverage and organized press conferences introducing new USIC products, such as the annual “State of the Internet” report.
- Oversaw fundraising and membership development.
Vice-President, McGuireWoods Consulting
(1 year, 6 months)
- Marketed the firm to potential clients through networking and cultivating relationships.
- Supervised a team of consultants pursuing legislative initiatives in the areas of energy and commerce, transportation, and appropriations.
- Raised funds for bipartisan Congressional candidates through special events and personal outreach.
- Represented charitable and educational organizations seeking funds through appropriations including Stillman College, Wynn Wellness Community, and the victims of the Cavalese tragedy.
Director of Congressional Relations
National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
(2 years, 2 months)
- Advocated legislative positions on behalf of consumer interest non-profit.
- Represented State regulators with jurisdiction over electricity, natural gas, water, telecommunications, and transportation.
- Worked with stakeholder groups to achieve legislative solutions related to regulations and environmental protection.
- Addressed meetings and conventions regarding advocacy efforts.
- Initiated, designed and implemented NARUC’s first grassroots Congressional relations program.
Senior Legislative Assistant
U.S. Representative Earl F. Hilliard
(2 years, 10 months)
- Prepared legislative initiatives, speeches, position papers, and briefing materials for active Member of Congress.
- Monitored legislation related to issues areas such as energy, environment and climate change, appropriations, telecommunications and technology, and transportation.
- Liaison to Committee on Agriculture and subcommittee assignments.
- Successfully negotiated legislative solutions for constituent interest groups, including including appropriations for non-profits, charities and universities.